To request a copy of a police report, print out a request form, fill it out and send it, with a check or money order, to our mailing address or visit us during normal business hours.
- You must fill out a request form with your name, address, phone number and reason for requesting the information.
- You must have a photo I.D. when picking up requested report.
- The cost of a report is $.10 for each page plus tax.
For more information on police report releases or to find out how many pages are in your report, call 209-572-9580.
Availability of Requested Report
- This information will be released in accordance with the Public Records Act. Some reports may be released immediately, while others require supervisor or Juvenile Court approval. Normal processing time of these requests can take up to ten (10) days for approval before they can be released. If you are a defendant in the case, you will be required to complete a written request for information.
- Traffic collision reports take at least five (5) working days to be available for release. If there are injuries or a fatality, this can be much longer.
For more information on traffic collision reports, call 209-572-9592.
600 10th Street, Modesto, CA 95354
Normal Business Hours
Monday and Tuesday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., or Wednesday and Thursday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.